Marriage is probably one of the most joyous and celebrated occasions in world. In every faith, culture, society, you will surely find some tradition of a communion between two people. In Islam, marriage is described as following:
We as Muslims should try to get married and celebrate our marriage with our community.
It is related by Muhammad bin Maslamah that the Prophet Muhammad said: "Muslims, marry! For I wish to out number the people through you" [Baihaqi]
It is also reported that the Prophet said: "Nikah (marriage) is my Sunnah. He who shuns my Sunnah is not of me." [Muslim]
Furthermore, Prophet Muhammad gave us advice and highly encouraged us to marry young."Young men, those of you can support a wife should marry, but those who cannot, should devote themselves to fasting, for it is a means of suppressing one's desires."
Also, when choosing a spouse, Prophet Muhammad said: "A man marries a woman for four reasons: for her property, for her status (rank in society), for her beauty, and/or for her religion (and character). So marry the one who is best in the religion and character and prosper". [Bukhari and Muslim]
We at Masjid Almustafa would love to help you get married and fulfill this Sunnah of the Prophet Muhammad. In fact, we have a beautiful banquet hall at an affordable price. Come check it out in the "Services" sections and support the masjid
Here are the steps that you need to take to have your marriage at Masjid Almustafa:
1. Make an appointment with our Imam and discuss your plans. (Please call us at 203-597-7676)
2. Obtain a marriage license from Waterbury Clerks Office or your respective Counties
3. Have two Witnesses (two males, or one male and two females; Muslims).
4. The bride and groom agree on a specific Mahr (gift given from groom to bride)
5. The Imam will sign your license and Masjid Almsutafa-Nikah Marriage Certificate and submit it for you.
6. Baarakallahu lak, wa baarak alayk, wa jama'aa baynakuma fee khayr - happy marriage!
Where can I get the marriage license?
Waterbury Clerks Office
| Waterbury, CT|
Thursday, December 13, 2018
|Fajr||5:22 AM||6:00 AM|
|Zuhr||12:00 PM||12:16 PM|
|Asr||2:30 PM||2:30 PM|
|Magrib||4:48 PM||4:42 PM|
|Isha||7:30 PM||7:30 PM|
|Jumma||01:00 PM||01:00 PM|